Monday, October 18, 2010

Bruce Nauman

Putting neon lights together can be considered art?

To Bruce Nauman the answer is yes. The piece of art below is just an example of what Bruce Nauman does as an artist.


This kind of art is very interesting to me. The lights make it stand out right away.  Because of the attentiveness that Nauman receives from his art, you can definitely consider it to be art.  Nauman does not believe in repetition between artists.  And even though I am not well educated in the field of art, ive never seen someone portray art through neon lights before.  I think its really cool and many people like it. (Nicole)

                 

To me, as someone that does not have a great interest in art, this seems appealing. I think it may be because it is somewhat familiar to me in that I have seen neon signs and the way they are used. As it is I think the point of neon signs are to stand out in their surroundings so I would definitley consider this art. As a college student this modern, flashy type of art gets my attention much more than any statue or painting ever could. (Erin)

No comments:

Post a Comment