Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Frida - Paintings of Pain

Frida Kahlo is famous for her paintings of people, mostly dealing with some sort of pain.  This picture above is one of Frida's most famous paintings called, "Without Hope".  From looking at other paintings that I've seen this is very different.  Is painting someones pain a form of art? To some people it might not be, but to me this picture in particular does come off as a piece of art.  It's showing this women's feelings inside of her and how they are all twisted together, some good and some bad. (Nicole)


                      
I agree that Frida's art is very different from anything I have seen before. After looking further into her other paintings I came across this painting called "The Little Deer." This painting follows the theme of showing pain in a form of art however I am not sure what the message behind this is meant to be. I can see a consistent theme in many of her paintings that show a tie between her and nature. I did some research on Frida and found out about her many health problems she had experienced throughout her life which makes these paintings a little more clear to me. I think she see herself in the same light as a deer being hunted because of her constant struggle with health they she cannot get away from. (Erin)

1 comment: