Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Alison Watt

                                       
  
This was my favorite artist we have looked at thus far. When looking at Alison's paintings they seem like simple objects and to an untrained eye like myself it appears as if that kind of work would not be difficult. However, after looking at exactly how much work she puts into each line it makes the paintings seem amazing. I really like the way she looks like such a small object when standing near her enormous paintings. I think I appreciate the simple look of things so her art is very appealing to me. The process she goes through to complete the painting is very long and strenuous and I admire her determination to complete these. The paintings look so real it is almost as if you could feel the soft texture of them. They remind me alot of draped bed sheets in a really sophisticated way.

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment