Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Andrea Zittel -Back to the Basics

I found Andrea Zittel to be strange and kind of awkward. It seemed like she was pulling away from society and trying to go against the ways of modern society. Her housing situation was a little extreme and it seemed like she put so much effort into being a minimalist that she may have been able to save herself some effort if she was a little more lax. I guess taking things to an extreme is the way she thinks especially with the lack of clothing she has. Choosing to live with only the basics is something you can get away with because people in the outside world do not need to know everything about your home life. But, when considering that she went to work for months in the same outfit that is a little much for me. In todays society appearance does mean alot...and so does cleanliness. I could not imagine what the people I work with would say if I wore the same thing two days in a row, let alone weeks. I guess if what she is trying to do is get noticed she is probably successful but it may be for the wrong reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment